Window Shades Online Holtsville NY 00501
Window Treatment – 5 Ideas For Arched Windows in Holtsville NY
Arched windows are a bit of a challenge to decorate. Unlike regular windows, there is an extra element that you’ll have to consider when picking the appropriate window treatment. There are certain things you can do to maximize the beauty of an arched window and enjoy the view it provides. Here are some ideas you can try:
- Downplay the arch: Install a curtain rod across the top portion of the window and hang draperies. Pull back the fabric using decorative tiebacks that skim the lower line of the window’s arch. This offers a subtle definition of the arch without making it stand out too much in Holtsville.
- Hang curtains and draperies: Use curtain rods made from dark metal and hang curtains and drapery panels. The vertical line this creates helps promote a sense of height and is especially helpful if you want to impress the eye with the size of the arched window. This makes your arched window a focal point of the room, with the window treatment providing a simple accent that does not steal the scene from the window itself.
- Swag the window: Swags reiterate the elegance of arched windows. Install one that barely skims the window’s upper trim. Allow drapery to hang from the swag and work well with the window’s natural curves and shape. If privacy is a concern, use sheer fabric for curtains to cover the lower glass panels.
- Use blinds: Blinds provide great coverage for arched windows and provide a good measure of control. You can adjust them to let in enough light or shut it out completely. Choose vertical or horizontal blinds, depending on the look you want for your arched windows. In terms of material, you can pick from aluminum, vinyl, wood, faux wood and fabric. There are lots of colors to choose from and you’re sure to find one that is a perfect fit for your Holtsville New York home’s particular color scheme.
- Motorize your window treatment: If you have exceptionally large and white arched windows, a great window treatment to use are motorized blinds that come in different materials, including vinyl and fabric. Motorized blinds are usually custom-fitted and can provide a great view or much needed privacy at the touch of a button. They also make manipulating the window treatment a lot easier.
What Are Valances in Holtsville NY?
A valance, pronounced val-uhns, is a short window treatment that covers only the upper part of the window. Valances usually range in length from 10″ to 18″ and they were originally designed to hide curtain rods or other curtain hardware as well as providing a pleasant look without blocking much light. Window valances can be matched to any room decor whether it is traditional or modern, formal or casual. You can use a valance on its own or as part of a complete window treatment setup with other window treatments such as curtains and scarf panels.
There are such a wide variety of styles and sizes for window valances that it is easy for one to be confused when choosing which one to buy or make in Holtsville NY. Since there are many different styles of window valances, and each style can dramatically change the look of a room. Therefore, it would be helpful in being familiar with each style of window valance. Some valance styles include swag or jabot valances, balloon valances, pleated valances, and cornices.
Swag valances are just what the name implies; they are created with swags. You might even hear the terms jabots, cascades, and horns when describing swag valances. They are usually used in formal settings, but they are made with casual fabrics to create a lighter affect. The swag style is longer at each end raised in the center, while the jabot is a draped effect, which can be either structured or unstructured near Holtsville 00501.
Balloon valances have layers and often filler is placed between the layers for a fuller, more dimensional look. The simple ones are made from a tightly gathered fabric and they are stuffed up so that they balloon out. The more elegant balloon valances are a shortened version of fabric shades, like the Austrian valance, roman shade valance, or the butterfly valance.
A pleated valance may use a box pleat, a pinched pleat, or a spaced pleat. A box-pleated valance is a valance with a square pleat, a pinched pleated valance has pleats like those found on high quality draperies, and a spaced pleated valance includes fewer pleats that have an equal distance between them.
A cornice is any stiff valance. Although many people use the terms “cornice” and “valance” interchangeably, there is a difference between them. A cornice is generally made from rigid materials, such as wood, and then painted or covered with fabric, whereas valances are just made with fabric. It is also used to disguise curtain rods and other hardware. When using a wooden cornice a soft valance is sometimes added below in Holtsville NY.
Window valances are a great way to add a fresh, new touch to existing window treatments, or they can even make a statement on their own. Either way you choose to use them, they will add elegance to any room in your home.
Make A Style Statement With The Right Window Dressing in Holtsville NY
A window could be the focus of any room. French windows, bay windows or large picture windows could be a gorgeous addition to your room and should make your room appear a lot more elegant that it otherwise would have been. But the mere addition of a window may not quite enough…
And that is because to turn any window into a style statement, you also need the right window treatment – a window treatment that is customized to make your window fit in with the rest of the room’s decor.
You could create a very pleasing and appealing look by using a combination of valances, drapes and rods in Holtsville NY.
In case you are not already familiar with these, drapes are curtains that may be either stationary or moving while valances are the fabric trimming overhanging the drapes from above.
Valances could form the top border of any window and they enhance the beauty and visual appeal of drapes. It is the style and design of the valances that set the mood for any window dressing. Using the right kind of valances could help you create an aura of contemporary, Victorian or whimsical decor.
But it does take a bit of imagination and creativity to get it done right, especially if you’re living in Holtsville 00501.
For instance, a window in a room with clean lines and block colors – say one in a trendy condo – would possibly look a lot better with a pleated, tailored valance while a gathered valance with either European style sheers with cotton lace or lace panels would give a room a more feminine feel.
You could do a lot to define the personality of a room with a valance of the right type and shade.
And for the best possible effects, drapes, curtain rods and holders of the right kind and shade must be used to complement the effect that is created by the valance.
While drapes may be stationary, they may also be hung on separate channels so that they can move behind the valances when they are drawn in Holtsville NY.
Together, the right kind of window with a good dressing can impart to your room a personality that can be very warm and friendly, feminine and relaxing, formal and possibly more depending on your own imagination and how the rest of the room looks and feels like.
And possibly the best thing about window treatments is that there is no single way to do it right. You decide on what you want your room to look and feel like, and then select a window treatment that you feel would be appropriate. And in case you want to change the look and feel after a while then you could do that with relatively little effort – give your window a new dressing!
The Truth About Curtains vs Blinds in Holtsville NY
While windows were developed to let in the light and permit us to delight in the view outside, there are times when that view has to be concealed or as much as we like letting in the light, we do like our privacy, so those windows need to be covered. But with exactly what?
For those who like a lot of light entering their spaces but still desire a level of privacy, sheer curtains would appear the most suitable option for a window covering. Large curtains been available in such a range of patterns nowadays that you make certain to discover one that would fit the decoration of the room.
Sheer curtains not only let in the light but they are an inexpensive window treatment to purchase so if you have an embellishing budget to stick to, these might just be the ticket. To compensate for this, some folk buy sheer curtaining 3 to 4 times the width of the window and have it collected together rather greatly so that it provides them the privacy they look for at night.
A window treatment that offers both a lot of light and personal privacy when required is vertical and horizontal slat blinds. These can be opened totally or partially throughout the day, allowing plenty of light and sunshine into the room. Then at night all you need do is close them totally and you have total personal privacy.
The benefit with these kinds of blinds is you have full control of the quantity of light going into the space. If the space gets a lot of glare in the morning or afternoon you can just change the slats to obstruct it out, while still leaving them open a little to permit some light into the room.